Would you like to make a difference to young homeless people?
Nightstop wouldn't exist without our army of incredible volunteer hosts. So how does it work?
- Volunteers apply to become a host, and are visited, supported and trained to become a Nightstop host. Training covering a variety of topics including information about clients, do’s and don’ts, practical tips, advice on maintaining boundaries and how to access support.
- All of our volunteers sign up to a rota and choose which evenings they would like to host, on a completely flexible basis. You can do one day a month, or sign up for every night - it's up to you.
- All young people staying with you are assessed and checked before we arrange any placements. Staff are responsible for supporting young people on their long term needs, including finding them permanent accommodation.
- Hosts provide an evening meal, a private room, and somewhere for guests to wash. Our hosts are trained on how to be a listening ear to young people, so guests have someone to talk to if they need it. You aren't expected to be a counsellor!
- Hosts are reimbursed for the expenses they incur, and are provided with toiletries to offer to any Nightstop guests staying.
If you think you can offer young people a safe place to sleep and would like to find out more, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nightstop drivers and chaperones
Many young people who stay with Nightstop have to travel across town to get to their host's home for the evening. This can be a daunting experience, so we rely on volunteer drivers and chaperones to help us.
Volunteer drivers meet guests at a pre-arranged place, drive them to their host’s home, make introductions and call the project to confirm that the guest has arrived safely.
In areas with better public transport, volunteer chaperones can travel with the young person on public transport to accompany them to their home for the evening.
Drivers and chaperones are trained and supported by Depaul UK and are reimbursed for expenses incurred.
If you think you can help put our guests at ease, provide a listening ear, and ensure they arrive safely, find out more by emailing: email@example.com